Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Italian Kale Salad


"Italian and Proud"

As you may be able to tell from some of my other posts (aka the calamari antipasta), I'm Italian and I'm a sucker for Italian cuisine. So when I made a huge kale salad to have for the week for the first time, I had to add some Italian flare. The cool thing about kale for those that do not know it that it's a tough green--crunchier and fuller than spinach, arugula, and all other salad greens. The plus side is that you can put dressing on a kale salad and it will still taste great (better, even) the next day! The down side is that the kale is super crunchy on day one so you may have to wait a day to eat your salad depending on your personal taste buds.

I added the following to my kale salad and found myself only getting one serving of it because my mom loved I so much and took some with her to work with her every day:

Kayla's Italian Kale Salad:
-balsamic vinegar
-olive oil
-chia seeds (these expand in your tummy which makes you feel fuller quicker, and they are great for digestion!)
-sunflower seeds
-roasted red peppers
-artichokes
-chick peas
-pitted kalamata olives
-Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
1. Mix it all together, store it in a closed container in your fridge, and shake the container before digging in each time! Happy eating! 


No comments: